We reported yesterday that it was quite possible for Sprint to finally roll out Android 4.4 KitKat for its Galaxy S4 users in the very near future. A leaked memo pegged the release date on February 13th, and it has turned out to be spot on. Sprint Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 update is now available for download, users will now finally be able to jump up from Android 4.3 to the latest iteration of Google’s mobile operating system.
Also, as previously reported, this update does indeed bring support for Zact Mobile. Zact is a simple customizable no contract mobile service that lets subscribers save quite a bit of money, allowing them to pay only for what they need without the risk of running into overage charges. Bumping build number up to L720VPUFNAE, this Sprint Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 update brings all the bells and whistles that we have come to expect from KitKat. Since the update is being rolled out in stages, its quite possible that it might not immediately show up on your device. Rest assured, within a few days, it will become available across all regions. Those who feel a tiny bit impatient can try manually invoking the update by mashing the update button in the system settings menu.
Next Story: iPhone 6 Release Date, Specs & News Round-Up
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2014-03-31: Sprint LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Available Now
- 2014-03-27: Sprint HTC One Max Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-03-10: T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Android 4.4.2 Update Rolling Out