If there’s one drawback to carriers in the US is that they typically require manufacturers to pass them handset updates to be certified and approved first before being released. This is an additional step in the updating process which explains why those living in the US sometimes receive their updates later than everyone else. Then again, better late than never, right? The good news is that if you’re a Sprint subscriber with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, you might be pleased to learn that Sprint has announced that the Android 4.4 KitKat update will be making its way onto your devices.
The update weighs in at around 503.6MB so you might want to download this update over a WiFi network rather than use your data plan, lest you burn through your data cap too quickly. The update will introduce some changes, some of which are expected from Android 4.4 KitKit, along with music album art of the lock screen, launcher selection in the settings menu, camera shortcut on lock screen, improvements made to the TouchWiz UI, and prevention pop-up removal. We expect that there might be some updates directly related to Sprint, but for the most part this is about bringing Android 4.4 KitKat to the phone. If you haven’t received your update yet, don’t worry as we’re sure it’s busy making its rounds, but if you have, let us know in the comments below on how the update is treating you!
Next Story: Acer Liquid E3 & Z4 Announced
- 2014-04-17: Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2013-10-10: Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Users Complain Of Terrible Call Quality
- 2013-09-23: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Arriving This October 4th For $349.99
- 2013-09-20: Sprint Might Offer The Galaxy Note 3 Soon
- 2013-09-20: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Expected To Release On October 2 [Rumor]
- 2013-09-04: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Will Be Available From AT&T And Sprint As Well