While Android Jelly Bean is perfectly fine as an operating system, we’re sure many Android users out there would love updating to the latest build nonetheless, which at the moment is Android 4.4 KitKat. Well the good news for Sprint’s Galaxy S4 users is that thanks to what appears to be an internal memo obtained by the folks at Android Central, it has been suggested that the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the handset will begin rolling out on the 13th of February which is tomorrow, so Galaxy S4 owners on Sprint’s network will definitely want to keep an eye out for it!
Apart from the updated features and improvements brought about by Android 4.4 KitKat, the memo suggests that the update will also bring about Zact Mobile compatibility and also prevention pop-up removal. As is the case with most, if not all Android updates, they will typically be pushed out in batches and phases, meaning that if you don’t see your update while your friends or family have received theirs, fret not because your update could be around the corner and waiting for you the next day/week. In the meantime for those eager to get the update, you can check to see if you can manually fetch it by going to your phone’s Settings, About Phone, System Updates.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-22 Sprint Working To Make Their Phones SIM Unlockable In 2015
- 2014-04-17 Sprint Removes Mention Of Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update For The Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14 Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13 Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2013-07-09 Sprint Galaxy S4 Receives OTA Support
- 2013-05-08 Samsung Galaxy S4 Now Available At Staples
- 2013-05-01 Sprint's Galaxy S4 Pre-Orders From Best Buy Have Been Delayed
- 2013-04-24 Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 Delayed; Pre-Orders Hope To Be Fulfilled On April 27
- 2013-04-17 Samsung Galaxy S4 Available On Sprint Starting April 27 For $249.99