There has been much talk about the Steve Jobs movie, no not the one starring Ashton Kutcher, the one that’s penned by Aaron Sorkin. Sony acquired the rights and tapped Sorkin to write it, the film will actually be based on Steve Jobs official biography, written by Walter Isaacson. It is not known who is going to star as Jobs, but there’s a bit more chatter about the project. Apparently David Fincher could agree to direct the movie. Some of Fincher’s most notable work in this particular arena includes The Social Network, which was also penned by Sorkin, as well as Netflix’s critically acclaimed political thriller House of Cards.
Multiple sources claim that Fincher is currently in “early talks” with Sony about directing the Steve Jobs movie. Sorkin expects that the movie will essentially play out as three half-an-hour scenes depicting major product launches that have shaped Apple into the behemoth it is today. While there’s no word from Sony as yet when this film starts shooting, the wheels are expected to be put in motion some time later this year. As previously mentioned, there’s no word on the cast of this movie as yet, which is presumably what fans and followers are most intrigued about.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-15: Steve Jobs Movie Will Not Be Directed By David Fincher
- 2014-03-20: Steve Jobs Movie Cast May Include Christian Bale In The Lead
- 2014-03-17: Steve Jobs Quotes App Rejected By Apple
- 2014-03-16: Steve Jobs Told Apple Execs That Company Won't Release HDTV