While Apple’s Mac computers are starting to become more commonplace, it is safe to say that their distribution numbers still pale in comparison to the likes of the Windows platform where it is used more widely, especially in schools, businesses, and governments. That being said, is it fair to compare iOS to OS X where the latter is viewed as a niche player just because it is by Apple? Well perhaps not, and that’s what Apple’s CEO, Tim Cook refutes when asked if the mobile market will eventually follow the PC market where Apple will end up catering to a niche market with iOS.
Cook stated that directly comparing the PC and mobile market doesn’t work due to the differences. One of the reasons is because unlike Mac where there aren’t as many apps available compared to Windows, iOS has a very strong developer base which we have to admit is true, as most developers tend to choose for iOS first followed by other platforms. He also compared Android to Europe, where many countries (manufacturers) rally themselves under one name (Android). “Android is like Europe. Europe was a name that somebody came up with for Americans who didn’t understand that Europe was a lot of countries that weren’t like U.S. states. They were very different. Android is many things.” Cook goes on to state that there might be some customers who don’t even know that they are using Android. “How many people who use a Kindle know that they’re using Android? And you see what Samsung is doing by putting more and more software on top. I think it’s night and day. The compare is so off.”
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17 Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-01-19 Study Suggests Android Has A "Weak Gravity"
- 2013-09-10 700 Millionth iOS Device To Be Shipped By October
- 2011-04-28 Scosche freeKEY Flexible Wireless Keyboard is the perfect party keyboard