Titanfall is an upcoming FPS game that will be making its way onto Microsoft’s platforms like Windows and the Xbox. The release of the game is set for the 11th of March for the Xbox One and the bad news for Xbox One gamers is that the final resolution of the game will not be as high as you might think. According to a post on NeoGAF, a certain poster by the name of CBOAT (who has in the past been pretty reliable regarding Microsoft-related leaks) revealed that Titanfall for the Xbox One will only be released at 720p instead of 792p which was the original plan. No word on when Respawn Entertainment decided to drop the resolution towards the end, but for the less discerning gamer, we reckon it probably won’t matter too much.
However for gamers who are really picky about their graphics, perhaps you might notice some slight differences. It is actually quite surprising given that the beta of the game ran fine at 792p, so if we had to guess perhaps there were some last minute issues that might have forced Respawn Entertainment to drop it down to 720p. Either way we reckon gameplay will be more important than graphics. After all why bother with a game that looks good if it doesn’t play well, right? Either way we guess we will have to wait for the game’s release to see if the drop to 720p will make a huge impact. Anyone else disappointed by this?
- 2014-04-14: Ben Heck Creates Foot Pedals That Can Be Used To Play Titanfall With
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-13: Titanfall Expedition DLC Map Pack Coming In May
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-03-17: Titanfall Reportedly Helps Boost Xbox One Sales In The UK
- 2014-03-11: Titanfall Launch Marred By Service Errors And Downtime
- 2014-03-10: Titanfall For Xbox One Sports 792p Resolution, Could Be Increased In The Future
- 2014-03-09: Titanfall Day One Update May Weigh 840MB
- 2014-03-07: Titanfall Edition Xbox One Console Is Real, But Not Available For Purchase