The Tizen Association is proud to announce yet another 15 more partners who will take part in the development of the Tizen Operating System (OS). This Partner Program was first launched with 36 members in November last year, and to gain another 15 more members is an encouragement. In fact, in its latest round of “recruitment”, the newest bunch of members will comprise of mobile game publishers, operators, application developers, mobile software management vendors and major telecommunications companies.
Tizen is an open source software platform and operating system which is capable of playing nice with a wide range of connected devices. The new members will also be given the opportunity to join relevant Tizen Association Working Groups as well as to participate in Tizen Association meetings, which results in more access, insight and input into the development of the Tizen OS.
The 15 new members in alphabetical order are AccuWeather, Acrodea, Baidu, CloudStreet, Cyberlightning, DynAgility, Gamevil, Inside Secure, Ixonos, Nomovok, Piceasoft, Red Bend Software, SoftBank Mobile, Sprint and ZTE. These will join other luminaries among the existing Tizen partners such as eBay, KONAMI, McAfee, and Panasonic among others. Do you see this as a positive move for Tizen, that the OS will be able to gain more traction among users in due time? [Press Release]
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-02-24: 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]
- 2014-02-23: Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Run Tizen
- 2014-02-13: Tizen OS Gains 15 More Partners
- 2014-02-03: ZTE Geek With Tizen, Rumors Round Up