For anyone who wants to carry any data from A to B, there are a lot of solutions out there. Cloud services, while heavily dependant on internet, eliminate the need of physically carrying anything with the data in it. External hard drives offer massive amounts of storage in sizes that can often fit snugly in a pocket. Flash drives are preferred for their relatively small size and light weight, even though they don’t offer as much space as external hard drives. Toshiba today launched a new flash drive, the TransMemory Pro, which touts USB 3.0 to deliver “ultra-high-speed” data transfer.
Available in capacities up to 128GB, Toshiba has developed this flash drive for anyone who wants to transfer and share large files “safely, simply and fast.” It offers read speeds of up to 222 MB per second, and write speeds of up to 250 MB per second. TransMemory Pro also features built-in security software as well as encrypted password protection. Users also have the ability to create private and public partitions, which can be locked behind a password. Compatible with both PC and Mac, the 64GB and 128GB models cost $129.99 and $199.99 respectively. Both are immediately available for purchase either through select retailers or via Toshiba’s website.
- 2014-04-23 Toshiba Canvio AeroMobile Wireless SSD Announced
- 2014-04-17 Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17 Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-16 Toshiba Satellite P55t Notebook Launches Next Week
- 2014-03-27 Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed