A few days ago, an unannounced Transformers game was spotted on Amazon. As the game had not been announced yet, we could only assume by its listing that it was close to being announced. Well the good news for Transformers fans is that it is official as Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark has been announced during Hasbro’s presentation at the New York Toy Fair over the weekend. The game is expected to merge the canon in the games with those of the Michael Bay movies, meaning that we can look forward to a unified Transformers universe down the road.
As according to the Amazon listing, it looks like Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark will be available on a wide variety of platforms and will see a release later in 2014. It will be available for the 3DS, PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The game will be developed by a new studio, Edge of Reality, rather than High Moon Studios who has developed previous Transformers games in the past. While the game will be available on a variety of platforms, the play styles appear to be slightly different.
For the console version of the game, it includes a co-op story campaign that will allow for up to four players. However the 3DS version will be a strategy RPG sharing the same title but will be developed by WayForward Technologies instead. Either way if you’re curious as to what the game has in store for you, check out the trailer in video above courtesy of IGN.
- 2014-02-16: Transformers: Rise Of The Dark Spark Video Game Is Official
- 2012-07-31: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron demo released
- 2012-07-05: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron new trailer released
- 2012-06-05: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron shown off at E3 2012
- 2012-05-08: This tiny car transforming into a robot by itself is pretty cool
- 2012-04-01: Transformers theme park in China created by artist