The wait will finally be over soon for people who have been anxiously waiting for Verizon HTC One Android 4.4 update release. Product manager Mo Versi has announced via Twitter that said update has received technical approval from Verizon, and that Android 4.4 coupled with Sense 5.5 user interface will be rolled out over the air shortly.
It goes without saying that HTC One owners have been waiting for this update for quite some time now. It usually gets held up and subsequently delayed because first the manufacturer runs its tests and then hands it over to the carrier for technical approval, which may end up taking a couple of weeks. End users, particularly those with carrier locked devices, have to wait a bit longer than other variants that are not subject to carrier approval. One can expect all the bells and whistles from Android 4.4 KitKat, and Sense 5.5 brings a few improvements as well. These include changes to BlinkFeed, camera features, the gallery and more. While the HTC product manager has already announced that technical approval has been received, Verizon is yet to officially announce the roll out of Android 4.4 for its HTC One customers. We can expected that to happen over the coming week, if not sooner. The update will be rolled out in stages, so don’t expect it to pop up on your device immediately when it starts rolling out.
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-06: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4.2 Release Possible Tomorrow
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: HTC One M8 Gets "Buy One, Free One" Promotion From Verizon
- 2014-03-20: All New HTC One Poster For Verizon Spotted
- 2014-03-20: All New HTC One Cases Spotted At Verizon