The wait will finally be over soon for people who have been anxiously waiting for Verizon HTC One Android 4.4 update release. Product manager Mo Versi has announced via Twitter that said update has received technical approval from Verizon, and that Android 4.4 coupled with Sense 5.5 user interface will be rolled out over the air shortly.
It goes without saying that HTC One owners have been waiting for this update for quite some time now. It usually gets held up and subsequently delayed because first the manufacturer runs its tests and then hands it over to the carrier for technical approval, which may end up taking a couple of weeks. End users, particularly those with carrier locked devices, have to wait a bit longer than other variants that are not subject to carrier approval. One can expect all the bells and whistles from Android 4.4 KitKat, and Sense 5.5 brings a few improvements as well. These include changes to BlinkFeed, camera features, the gallery and more. While the HTC product manager has already announced that technical approval has been received, Verizon is yet to officially announce the roll out of Android 4.4 for its HTC One customers. We can expected that to happen over the coming week, if not sooner. The update will be rolled out in stages, so don’t expect it to pop up on your device immediately when it starts rolling out.
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21: HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2014-04-20: Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20: Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-06: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4.2 Release Possible Tomorrow