A lot of Android device owners around the world have been waiting for the latest iteration of Google’s mobile operating system to become available for their devices. Unfortunately, the update process isn’t quite simple on Android. There are certain tests that the OEMs run before handing over the update to carriers who like to take their time before certifying the update. Only then is the update released to end users, this as you might be aware, often takes up a lot of time. Though it appears that the Verizon Moto X Android 4.4.2 update has passed all these stages and may possibly be released in the very near future.
Not too long ago Verizon invited Moto X owners to participate in a soak test for Android 4.4.2 update. A soak test is basically small scale roll out of the new firmware in order to ascertain if there are any bugs or issues that need to be fixed prior to public release. Verizon has now updated Moto X support documents with the full Android 4.4.2 changelog, which definitely means that now the release isn’t too far off. Users should expect all the bells and whistles they’ve come to expect from KitKat, apart from the nominal improvements that Android 4.4.2 brings. As previously mentioned, the release shouldn’t take much time now, presumably it’ll be out within the next couple of days.
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-06: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4.2 Release Possible Tomorrow
- 2014-02-11: T-Mobile Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-06: Verizon HTC One Android 4.4 Release Expected Soon
- 2013-11-19: Verizon Moto X Android 4.4 Update Released