As you might have heard back in January, the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the HTC One was delayed for the North American region. According to the open letter that HTC’s Americas President wrote, the delay was due to certification of the update and how it might be delayed for a couple of weeks. Well thankfully the delay wasn’t too long as there have been reports that Verizon’s HTC One has recently started to receive the much-awaited Android 4.4 KitKat update. According to the reports, the update comes in at around 617MB in size and is expected to bring about Android KitKat features along with HTC’s latest version of their Sense UI, Sense 5.5.
For those who were patient enough and did not bother flashing a custom ROM onto their HTC One device, you should be receiving the notification that there is an update ready for you to download. However even if you haven’t, you can attempt to manually pull the update by going to your phone’s Settings, About Device, Check for Updates. For those who have yet to receive the notification, fret not because updates are usually pushed out in phases, so if you did not receive it today, you might receive it tomorrow, or the week after, but rest assured that it is on its way. In the meantime if you have received your update, let us know in the comments below on how it is treating you!
Next Story: Tim Cook Hints At New Product Categories
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2013-12-17: HTC One Android 4.3 Update Increases Charging Speeds, Has VZ Cloud App Preloaded
- 2013-12-15: Verizon HTC One Android 4.3 Update Approved
- 2013-11-20: HTC Details Android 4.4 Update Roadmap For HTC One And Droid DNA
- 2013-10-29: Verizon HTC One Android 4.3 Update Delayed By A Month
- 2013-08-22: Verizon HTC One Officially Announced