Watch Dogs is an upcoming intended for multiple platforms, such as the PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Wii U. The game is scheduled to be released later this year, sometime between the 1st of April to the 30th of June, but unfortunately for Wii U gamers, it looks like you guys will be out of luck as Ubisoft has recently confirmed that they will not be releasing the game for the Wii U the same time it is released for the other platforms. Instead the game will be released at a later date although no specifics were mentioned.
According to Ubisoft, “We made the difficult decision to further delay the release of Watch Dogs on Wii U to focus the team’s resources where they could have the broadest possible benefit for both our customers and Ubisoft.” Oddly enough this statement comes after the company expressed their confidence for the Wii U platform just last year, so one would think that maybe prioritizing the console would be on their agenda. We suppose the good news is that the game isn’t cancelled entirely and merely delayed, but at the same time we can only imagine that Wii U gamers can’t be too pleased by this piece of news, and neither can Nintendo who probably needs as many games as they can get on the platform at the moment.
Next Story: LG G3 Trademark Filed
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2013-09-03: Rayman Legends Now Available On PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita
- 2013-07-09: No ZombiU Sequel Due To Lack Of Profitability
- 2013-06-13: Ubisoft Won't Produce Wii U Exclusives Until Nintendo Sells More Units
- 2013-05-15: ZombiU Sequel Prototype Is Currently Being Worked On
- 2013-04-23: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Highlights Wii U Exclusive Gameplay In New Trailer