Over the past couple of weeks we have been hearing a lot of chatter about the upcoming Windows 8 update. We have seen several leaked screenshots as well, while there have been numerous rumors about the changes that this update is said to bring. Earlier today a Windows 8.1 Update 1 leaked build appeared online, its a bit older than the build seen in yesterday’s leaked screenshots, but it does appear to have almost all of the changes that have been rumored up till now.
Like we reported yesterday, this Windows 8.1 Update 1 leaked build comes with the ability to boot straight to desktop. While Microsoft has already given users the option to choose whether they want to boot to the Start screen to straight to desktop, this new addition will stick to the latter by default if the user configures it so. The leaked build also shows off the rumored menu bar on Metro applications, its there to make them more mouse and keyboard friendly. Small changes include the addition of power options, sleep, shutdown and restart, on the Start screen. Even though the Windows 8.1 Update 1 leaked build is now making the rounds of file sharing websites, do keep in mind that these pre-release builds aren’t meant for the public since there might still be a few issues that need to be resolved. Furthermore, since it will be downloaded from an unofficial source, it may cause additional problems, so its best to wait until March. That’s when Windows 8.1 Update 1 is expected to be officially rolled out.
Next Story: Apple iWatch Using Solar And Kinetic Charging?
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-03: Official Windows 8.1 And Windows Phone 8.1 Walkthrough Videos Released
- 2014-04-02: Windows 8.1 Update 1 Releases Free On April 8th
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Offers Windows XP Users $100 Discount On Windows 8.1 Devices
- 2014-03-10: Skype For Windows 8.1 Now Supports Chat Sync
- 2014-02-27: Windows 8.1 Update Set To Arrive When XP Closes Shop