As a YouTube user, are there ways for you to be able to monetize the amount of time that you spend there? If you are a certain Park Seo-yeon, then the answer is a resounding “Yes!” In fact, she is currently pulling in approximately $9,000 a month from fans who like nothing better to do other than to watch her eat for hours on end each day. This South Korean lady is known as “The Diva”, where every single night, she would cook elaborate meals and eat them in front of a camera, all the while chatting with fans. The money she gains is not from Google, but rather, from tips via an online currency which can be exchanged for cash later on.
Interestingly enough, Seo-yeon remains clothed all the time, so do not expect to see any kind of skin whatsoever. In Korean, this Internet craze is known as “Meok-Bang”, where it is supposed a cure for loneliness and hunger pangs. Seo-yeon shared, “People enjoy the vicarious pleasure of my online show when they can’t eat that much, don’t want to eat food at night, or are on a diet.”
I suppose if you are a lonely person who would like to share your meal with someone, why not do so in a virtual manner? After all, you are not compelled to pay a single cent if you aren’t interested to do so in that particular day.
Next Story: Kill Switch In Cars A Possibility In Europe
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-08: YouTube Live Streaming Now Supported By Chromecast
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-06: YouTube On-Demand Music Streaming Service Delayed [Report]
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition