Blizzard’s World of Warcraft MMORPG is probably one of the more older MMORPGs available at the moment, and given that there are plenty of newer games out there with better graphics, different gameplay, different stories, we can’t we’re too surprised to learn that over the past couple of years that the World of Warcraft subscriber base has actually been on the decline, but hold that thought. According to Activision’s latest financial report, it would seem that Blizzard actually saw an increase in subscribers, with the number of active World of Warcraft gamers set at 7.8 million which is up by 200,000 from back in September 2013 where it was reported to be at 7.6 million.
Granted this still pales in comparison from back in the day where World of Warcraft enjoyed 12 million active subscribers, but it’s still a good sign nonetheless. It is unclear as to why Blizzard is enjoying an increase in subscribers. Perhaps it could be the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion that has prompted gamers to revisit the game, who knows? Apart from an increase in World of Warcraft subscribers, Blizzard has also announced that they managed to sell an additional 1 million copies of Diablo 3 this quarter, totalling 15 million copies sold to date.
- 2014-04-11: World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-09: Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-08: Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03: World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase
- 2014-04-03: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25: Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24: Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works
- 2011-10-21: World of Warcraft annual pass promotion gives you Diablo 3 for free