With all the graphical firepower that the Xbox One from Microsoft as well as Sony’s PS4 carry under the hood, you would expect it to be able to deliver a whole lot more complex gaming titles that are full of visual effects which will leave you drooling and perhaps, picking your jaw up from the floor afterwards. Do you think that using all of that awesome processing power to pay a visit to a classic game from the past is worth the effort? Team17 thinks so, having announced that Worms Battlegrounds, being the most recent title under the Worms series, is all set to roll out on both the Xbox One as well as PS4 later in 2014.
Worms Battlegrounds have already appeared in more than 25 different systems, so to see this franchise debut on the Xbox One and PS4 nearly a couple of decades after the turn-based strategy game debuted in 1995 will certainly shed a tear or two among those who love classic titles. In fact, Worms Battlegrounds have been cited to be one of the first titles that will be self published on Xbox One under the ID@Xbox program, and we do look forward to a launch as early as March 2014.
Next Story: LG G2 Mini Might Be Bluetooth Certified
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2014-03-21: Microsoft Not Fazed By PlayStation 4's Lead Over The Xbox One
- 2014-03-18: PS4 Sales In UK Might Have Surged As Well Last Week
- 2014-03-13: Xbox One Closes In On PS4 In February 2014 NPD Figures