This is something you would probably have never heard the late Steve Jobs say, he absolutely loathed Google’s mobile operating system and once even vowed to spend all of the company’s money to destroy it. In contrast, his Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is a bit more frank when it comes to such discussions. In a recent interview with Wired, Wozniak said that he thinks an Apple Android phone is not going to be a bad idea, and the premise that he lays down for this argument might make sense to some.
Android phones are already being developed by a plethora of manufactures, big and small. Most would agree that these companies haven’t been able to come up with a smartphone that’s truly been able to rival the iPhone as a premium product, simply based on build materials as well as the construction of the device. Wozniak believes this is why an Apple Android phone will compete very well in the market, “People like the precious looks of stylings and manufacturing that we do in our product compared to the other Android offerings,” reasons Woz. When asked if he believed in the notion that Apple’s revolutionary streak had ended, Woz wasn’t to worried, saying that “a whole new category of products doesn’t happen very often.” He also believes that Apple is “superior” because its able to say no to filling up its device with unnecessary features, citing Samsung as an example, he says that the plethora of features that Samsung phones come with aren’t a testament to its innovation, rather “That’s just throwing in a lot of features.”
Wozniak’s words shouldn’t be construed as a hint that Apple may look towards producing an Android phone in the future. He opinions are entirely his own and don’t necessarily reflect that of Apple since he no longer is actively involved at the very company he helped start up.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-03-20: Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch, presented by Jim Wicks, Design Chief at Motorola
- 2014-03-18: Android Wear, Now Available To Developers
- 2014-03-03: Android Tablets Collectively Outsold The iPad In 2013
- 2014-02-12: Android Apps On Windows Phone? A Curious Possibility
- 2014-02-07: Tim Cook Compares Android To Europe