In the most recent update for the Xbox One from Microsoft, it boasted of a bunch of highly anticipated features as well as positive changes. The thing is, bundled alongside this software update was a rather significant bug, which has been dubbed as the Black Screen bug. Users have complained on Reddit as well as on the official Xbox forum that their gaming screens do end up “black” at times after pressing the Xbox button in order to go to the home screen. Users will still be able to tune in to the audio, but fret not – there are fixes available which will be able to return the video output, and they are to unplug the Xbox One power cable or to hold the power button down for around ten seconds thereabouts so that a hard reset will kick in.
It is comforting to know that the Xbox support team is aware of the issue, and has also reached out to at least one affected user over Twitter. Chances are this particular bug will be solved in a rather speedy manner, which is a good thing. For those of you who own the Xbox One with the latest update, have you ever gone toe to toe with this particular bug? Looks like Microsoft’s products tend to have the BSOD curse, with this being the “Black Screen of Death” this time around.
- 2014-04-17: Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-06: Support For Xbox One External Game Storage Coming Soon