We often hear about fire related incidents when people throw caution to the wind and try to save their valuable possessions even if it may cost them their lives. While one would hardly hear about someone rushing back into a burning building just to save their favorite blanket, it often happens when modern consumer electronics are involved, no need to look further than the Kansas man who went back in his burning house to save his Xbox. A couple in St. Paul, Minnesota tried to save their flat screen TV even while their apartment was burning and the smart thing would have been to get outside as soon as possible.
When firefighters arrived at the scene, the room had already filled up with smoke but the two were seen grappling with the TV’s wire in a desperate bid to carry it outside to safety with them. The couple had to be told by firefighters to leave the TV behind, they were then taken to Regions Hospital where they were treated for smoke inhalation.
Speaking with Pioneer Press, St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard said that the couple was doing the “wrong thing,” and if one can’t fight the fire, its always best to go out and call the fire department. Belongings can obviously be replaced, but life can’t, as was learnt by two men in Plano, Texas recently who went back in their burning house to retrieve cell phones just to call the fire department. One perished in the blaze.
Filed in TV.. Read more about
Next Story: +50% Bonus XP In Diablo III A Limited Time Offer