Developer conferences are a great way for the company to show off what it has been working on. Often at these events some of the biggest announcements are made, while developers, journalists and analysts get to see what a company has planned for the future. Facebook’s developer conference has gone by the f8 moniker, and the last time it was held was back in 2011. The world’s largest social network isn’t exactly big on hosting f8 annually, but its bringing it back this year, which will actually be its first developer conference after its IPO. The Facebook f8 2014 date has been confirmed, its April 30th.
It is expected that over 1,500 developers are going to attend Facebook f8 2014. Tickets can be obtained right now through the conference’s official page on, you guessed it, Facebook. There will be several hands-on sessions and a lot of technical talks, so lots to look forward to.
The highlight would have to be Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s keynote address. Its unclear at this moment if there are any plans of making a major announcement of any sort, but if one is to be made, we can be certain that it would be during Zuckerberg’s keynote. Though Facebook hasn’t hinted at the possibility of a major announcement as yet.
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2013-08-18: 'IT Expert' Discovers Exploit, Posts On Mark Zuckerberg's Wall After Facebook Doesn't Pay Heed
- 2013-06-18: Facebook Discusses Potential Partnerships With Samsung
- 2013-04-08: Facebook Now Lets British Users Message Celebrities For A Charge
- 2012-07-26: Facebook CEO kicks off company's first earnings conference call
- 2012-07-24: Facebook CEO gets his first patent on privacy