A few weeks back it was rumored that the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 update is not going to be released. The reason behind this is believed to be the fact that this smartphone has 1GB RAM, which may not be enough to support the update as well as the accompanying hefty TouchWiz user interface. Since then there have been conflicting reports over the matter, and just last week it was rumored that perhaps Samsung has changed its mind and that its going to release the update for GT-I9300 after all.
Its possible that the release might take place in the near future. Responding to a query on its Facebook Page, Samsung Mobile Arabia revealed that the Android 4.4 KitKat update for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 is going to be available by the end of this month. This timeframe lines up perfectly with the one we heard back in January, it too had us believe that the update could drop by the end of March.
If this really is true, and Samsung Mobile Arabia is not mistaken, then the Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 could very well be spending its last few days on Android 4.3. We’ll keep our eyes peeled for the update and will let you know as soon as it drops.
Next Story: RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile Revealed
- 2014-04-20: Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 t999 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2013-11-11: Unofficial CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat For Galaxy S3 I747 And T999 Released