Today, Google announced the launch of add-ons for Google Drive. These are new tools created by its developer partners to add more features in Google Docs and Sheets. Users working on documents and spreadsheets can access these new add-ons to take advantage of a plethora of features that aren’t available in Google Docs by default. To get an add-on, all users need to do is head to the menu of any open document or spreadsheet and select “Get add-ons” in the Add-ons menu.
Once an add-on is installed, it immediately becomes available across all docs and sheets, they can be used right away. Some of the launch partners include Avery Label, EasyBib Bibliography and Mailchimp.
Add-ons such as Letter Feed Workflows routes documents to people from which approval or feedback is to be sought. It automatically sends documents to the right people with a simple “Approve” button. As soon as approval is granted the user is notified and the final version can be published with one click. Merge by Mailchimp lets users send customized emails from inside Google Docs, a useful feature, which can pull information from a spreadsheet into a document using merge tags. The store resembles Google’s Chrome Web Store in design and currently plays host to over 50 add-ons, with more slated to drop in the not so distant future.
Next Story: Twitter Goes Down
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2013-12-11 Google Sheets Offline Editing Is Finally Possible
- 2012-09-05 Google spreadsheets get all talkative with discussions
- 2012-08-07 Protected Ranges in Google Spreadsheets now available
- 2012-06-28 Google Drive for iOS and PC offline editing introduced
- 2012-03-13 Google Docs graduates from Google+ Hangouts