Good news for the countless Android users out there looking to get the maximum bang for their buck on the Google Play Store. To commemorate its second birthday, the Google Play Store birthday sale has now kicked off. Discounts are being offered on a wide variety of content so there’s bound to be something for everyone. It has been two whole years since the infamous Android Market was phased out in favor of the new and improved Play Store, which brought all the content that Google offers under one roof.
Deals being offered as part of this sale aren’t too spectacular, so it would be best not to go looking for deals with too high expectations. However, there are discounts to be availed on books, movies, apps and music, so its quite possible that you might find something that peaks your interest. The fact that it would possibly be available for less than what it normally is, is the proverbial cherry on top.
A lot of apps are offering deals on in-app purchases, even if they’re not reducing app prices outright. Thus its a better deal for those wishing to advance in a game or opening up a new feature in a premium app to be able to do so for less than usual. The sale might not be as spectacular as the ones we’ve seen before, but its worth checking out.
Next Story: Galaxy S5 Mini Could Be The SM-G870
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-04-09: Mailbox For Android And Mac (Beta) Launched
- 2014-04-09: IFTTT App Could Be Coming To Android Soon
- 2014-03-11: Google Sued By Mother After Son Racks Up In-App Purchases
- 2014-03-06: Google Play Store Birthday Sale Goes Live
- 2013-12-11: Androidify App Revamped Ahead Of The Holidays
- 2013-12-10: Google Play Store Game Categories To Be Expanded In February
- 2013-11-10: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Purported Screenshots Hint At Google Play Store Access
- 2012-03-16: Google Play Store app updated to v3.5.15
- 2012-03-08: Google Play Store app updated