Back in the day we’re sure many of you guys remember playing games like Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, and Band Hero. It’s surprising that despite such games being such fun party games that the genre would eventually start to lose its popularity, but we guess all good things must come to an end, right?
Well according to a post on the Guitar Hero Facebook page, it has been revealed that come 31st of March 2014, downloadable songs for Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, Band Hero, and Guitar Hero for mobile will no longer be available.
The good news is that the Guitar Hero servers are expected to remain online so if you have purchased any songs in the past, you will still be able to access them. To that extent they have also announced that from now until the 31st of March, gamers can still purchase songs and they will be priced 50% cheaper, although this will only apply to selected track packs.
This will apply across all platforms that the games are available on at the moment, including the Microsoft Xbox 360, the Sony PlayStation 3, and the Nintendo Wii. So, is anyone else sad to see games like these start to fade away? And will any gamers be picking up their old (plastic) instruments, dusting them off to relive their glory days?
- 2014-03-18: Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, Band Hero Catalog Will Be Shutting Down End Of March
- 2011-04-12: Guitar Hero not dead, series is on "hiatus"
- 2011-02-14: Guitar Hero controller used for Marvel vs. Capcom
- 2011-02-09: Activision axes Guitar Hero and True Crime
- 2009-08-07: OpenChord V1 plugs guitar into Wiimote
- 2009-10-27: Guitar Hero played without guitars