As far as Android handsets are concerned, Samsung and LG are rivals. Both companies hail from South Korea and both are battling it out for smartphone dominance with the Android platform. However it’s safe to say that Samsung is probably leading at the moment, but interesting enough it looks like LG could be trying to tempt potential Samsung customers over with lower prices.
Earlier at MWC 2014 last month, both LG and Samsung unveiled their flagship devices. With LG it was the LG G Pro 2, while Samsung had the Galaxy S5. Both phones are almost identical save for the screen size, with the G Pro 2 packing a 5.9-inch Full HD display while the Galaxy S5 featured a 5.1-inch Full HD display, and the choice of chipset where LG went with the Snapdragon 800 versus the Galaxy S5’s Snapdragon 801.
There are some differences as far as the cameras are concerned as well, but neither manufacturer sacrificed the phone’s camera and both are of good quality, so it’s really a matter of brand loyalty, or in this case, price.
LG had recently announced the G Pro 2 in Taiwan where they will be charging $684 for the 16GB model, and $718 for the 32GB model. This is compared to Samsung who announced that in Taiwan, the Galaxy S5 will be priced at $750 for the 16GB model and $783 for the 32GB model. We’re not sure if the difference in price is only applied to Taiwan, so we guess we’ll just have to wait and see how much it will cost when it is launched in markets like North America and Europe.
Like we said earlier, both phones are almost identical in terms of its hardware and the difference between the Snapdragon 800 and 801 will probably not be that noticeable by the average user. The camera is also a matter of preference as image quality is subjective and it’s also preference when it comes to camera features, but with the LG G Pro 2 priced almost $70 cheaper than the Galaxy S5, do you think customers might end up going with LG because it is cheaper? Or will brand loyalty towards Samsung prevail?
- 2014-04-24 LG G3 Case Gives A Hint Of What’s To Come
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 LG V700 And V400 Tablets Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered