We do know that the folks over at LG have already announced the LG G2 mini earlier this year, but perhaps there is more than meets the eye as evident by whispers that are going around, touting that LG is working on receiving a trademark for the “G2 Compact” name. Is there any good reason for doing so? Perhaps Korea-based LG intends to take a leaf out of Sony’s book with the success of the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. The trademark filing did mention that the name is related to “Mobile phones; Software for mobile phones.”
This could also possibly mean that it is a name that has been trademarked simply for the sake of trademarking it, without any way to tell if LG intends to roll out a smartphone that will eventually be called the LG G2 Compact. Still, assuming LG actually does, then chances are pretty high that the smartphone will eventually reside somewhere near the original’s hardware specifications, although we are quite sure that the physical dimensions would be changed.
What do you think of a possible LG G2 Compact in the near future? It certainly goes down well with other smartphone manufacturers who roll out a souped down version of high end models with a “smaller” name.
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'