Patience is a virtue, but if you so happen to live in either Australia or Middle Earth, er, New Zealand, and are a huge fan of the Metal Gear Solid game series, then you would be disappointed to hear that Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes has been delayed by a week in arriving at the aforementioned two territories.
This particular date change was spotted on retailer Mighty Ape, where there were reports of the retailing receiving confirmation from Konami themselves that the relatively short Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be delayed to March 27th, which is a week away from the expected release date of March 20th.
Unfortunately for the waiting masses, there has been no particular reason or reasons which were offered concerning the delay, although the site did mention some uncited reports concerning the Xbox One version of the game going through shipping issues. It remains to be seen whether the digital version of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be affected by the apparent delay or not, as Konami and Mindscape did not bother to hold off the PlayStation Network, Steam or Xbox Live version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 when it was in a similar situation. Ah well, at moments like these, we can only comfort ourselves by saying, “better late than never!”
- 2014-04-15: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Save File Will Impact The Phantom Pain
- 2014-03-20: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Censored In Japan
- 2014-03-19: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Can Be Completed In 10 Minutes
- 2014-03-18: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Now Available
- 2014-03-17: Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain Could See Early 2015 Release
- 2013-11-15: Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes PS4 Mission Trailer Shown