It seems that the latest Word for iPad app from Microsoft has managed to make its way into the top 10 list on Apple’s App Store “Top Grossing” chart. It is interesting to note that it did not take too long for this to happen, as the app itself was released on March 27th, and arrived on the no. 6 spot in the U.S. App Store’s chart just yesterday Sunday. As for the rest of the Office for iPad apps, namely Excel and PowerPoint, those managed to hold on to the 11th and 32nd positions, respectively.
It makes perfect sense, really, for Word for iPad to rank higher than Excel and PowerPoint, considering the number of people who make use of Word for iPad a whole lot more than the other two productivity apps. It must be noted, however, that as of early Monday, the mentioned rankings had already dropped a wee bit, with Word for iPad dropping two places to no. 8, while Excel and PowerPoint hit 16th and 40th, respectively.
Apple has a policy that involves not disclosing the dollar amounts for iPad gross of its apps to the public, but basically ranks them for your perusal. It is a figure that only Apple and the app developer (Microsoft in this case) would be able to have access to the figures.
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-15 Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-13 Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-30 Possible To Use Office For iPad Without Office 365 Subscription