Back in February during MWC 2014, Samsung took the wraps off their brand new Galaxy S5 handset which was unusual given that Samsung typically favors announcements at their own events. They also revealed a handful of new wearables such as the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, and the Gear Fit.
Now the good news for those who want to learn more about the handset and the wearables is that Samsung has since posted a couple of new videos in which the company gives you a rather comprehensive tour of their new products.
The videos are basically for the Galaxy S5, Gear 2, and the Gear Fit. We’re guessing the Gear 2 Neo didn’t make the cut since it’s basically the Gear 2 with slightly differing specs. If you’re wondering how Tizen will play a role in Samsung’s future products, then the Gear 2 video should do the trick.
It’s actually an interesting move by Samsung who had chosen to go with Android for the original Galaxy Gear. After all Android has a larger ecosystem compared to Tizen, but at the same time perhaps Samsung is trying to compete with Google’s own wearable technology by releasing their own brand of hardware and software at the same time.
We’re not sure how well it will hold up in the long run and if developers will be particularly interested in developing for the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo, but it’s worth keeping an eye on. Either way if you have some time to spare, you can check out the Galaxy S5 hands-on video above and Gear 2 and Gear Fit video below.
Next Story: Samsung SM-G800F Spotted, Could Be Galaxy S5 Neo
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-14 Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-08 Samsung Enables Vertical Display Orientation In Gear Fit