A couple of the most awaited 2014 flagships have already been unveiled, including Samsung’s Galaxy S5 and Sony’s Xperia Z2. Both use the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor and it is believed that the forthcoming All New HTC One will opt for the very same processor as well. Qualcomm doesn’t expect Snapdragon 805 devices until May, which means that some other manufacturer may take the crown of becoming the first to ship a phone with Snapdragon 805. Could it be South Korea’s Pantech? A new rumor certainly wants us to believe that.
Previous rumor about the Pantech Vega Iron 2 claimed that it would be released in April, but now its believed that the release might have slipped into May. This puts it in the Snapdragon 805 timeline, so the possibility arises that it could be the first smartphone to tout this processor, even if most of its products don’t make it to major markets around the world.
The 2.5GHz quadcore Snapdragon 805 processor from Qualcomm is expected to be coupled with 2GB of RAM in the Pantech Vega Iron 2, apart from a 5.5 inch full HD display, LTE-A, USB 3.0 and a 2,800mAh battery. It may also have a 13 megapixel rear and 3 megapixel front camera. Its expected to have an all metal shell just like its predecessor.
- 2014-04-14 In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-07 Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 And 808 Announced
- 2014-03-24 OnePlus One Will Tout Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-03-19 Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-01-16 Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05 Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27 Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor
- 2011-09-23 Pantech P4100 tablet revealed in NenaMark test
- 2010-04-14 Pantech IMA600S Sirius Snapdragon Phone From Sky