It does seem that the next evolution in smartphones would be the inclusion of waterproof capability without making the handset lose any of its aesthetic pleasantness. It seems that the Samsung Galaxy S5 as well as the Sony Xperia Z2 will not be too lonely in the waterproof Android-powered smartphone camp in 2014, as South Korean media has reported that additional devices that feature waterproof capability are in the pipeline for the year ahead – with LG and Pantech part of the effort, too.
It does seem as though Samsung will be using a similar Liquid Silicon Moulding method in the upcoming Galaxy Note 4 which is similar to the Galaxy S5, with LG working on their waterproof LG G3 (that is rumored for a June rollout) as well as the and Pantech Vega Iron 2 flagship smartphone. Of course it would be interesting to see how the rest of the smartphone industry reacts to this development. Will Nokia eventually roll out a waterproof Windows Phone device as well to keep up with the times? How about Apple – do they see this as an essential feature for the future?
I would think that going waterproof is going to be a big deal eventually – after all, there are moments when your holiday can be ruined because of rain and you do not have a waterproof camera. Let the smartphone do the photo taking then!
Next Story: HTC One 2014 Certified By China’s Tenaa
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-24 Samsung To Launch Gear App Challenge On May 8th
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Headed For AT&T (Rumor)
- 2012-10-24 Samsung, LG and Pantech reportedly gearing up to release 1080p Full HD smartphones in 2013
- 2011-08-22 South Korean government to come up with their own smartphone platform
- 2010-05-12 AT&T to receive quartet of handsets this June 6th