Samsung does not make only fancy looking home appliances as well as smartphones for everyone, but they too, have an interest in the world of medical devices. Case in point, their newest Samsung UGEO WS80A has been touted to be the first premium ultrasound system that will merge 5D technology and world-class diagnostic imaging.
It is currently on display as part of Samsung’s AIUM 2014 showcase, and the Samsung UGEO WS80A happens to be designed to redefine ultrasound for women’s health. It has already picked up 510(k) FDA clearance, where it will feature in Samsung’s latest innovations in order to deliver fast, easy and accurate ultrasound images for OB/GYN applications.
Among the key features will include a 21.5” wide LED monitor that delivers superior viewing angles, a greater depth of contrast and superior color visualization, while 5D Technology would help streamlines workflow as it enhances reproducibility for a more consistent and confident clinical assessment. Apart from that, there is also FRV (Feto Realistic View) that shows off high-resolution detail and realistic depth perception of 3D anatomy. All purchases of the Samsung UGEO WS80A will arrive with a 5 year standard warranty. We are not quite sure just what the uptake will be for this new ultrasound system though – anyone wants to warrant a guess? [Press Release]
Next Story: Samsung Fingers Wearable Device Prank
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon