At Mobile World Congress 2014 last month Samsung announced its new crop of wearable devices, two new smartwatches as well as a fitness tracker. A few weeks after that rumors started floating around about another wearable device, even though the company hadn’t said anything about it during the event. It was believed to be the second generation S Band. While the company hasn’t made an official announcement yet, it has already started showing off the wearable device in Germany. The device is called Activity Tracker, and it does pretty much exactly what the name implies.
Samsung has developed Activity Tracker as a bona fide, well, activity tracker. It is design to take on popular rivals such as the Jawbone UP, the Fitbit and the Nike FuelBand. It even offers similar functions, such as calorie consumption, sleep monitoring, steps walked and more. Activity Tracker goes one step ahead of its rivals and even offers notifications about incoming messages or calls on the smartphone that its paired up to.
Samsung Activity Tracker is already up for pre-order on Amazon in Germany. The company hasn’t said when this new wearable is going to be launched in other markets, particularly the U.S. In Germany, it has been priced at €79.90. Its strap is reportedly removable and even replaceable by a clip, so users can simply attach it to what they’re wearing instead of slapping it on the wrist.
The folks at Stereopoly were able to get some hands on with the device, pictures and a hands-on video courtesy of them have been pasted for your viewing pleasure.
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Enables Vertical Display Orientation In Gear Fit
- 2014-04-07: Gear 2 Neo Not Compatible With Galaxy Note 3 For Now
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-03-17: Gear Watches Might Become Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released