At Mobile World Congress 2014 last month Samsung announced its new crop of wearable devices, two new smartwatches as well as a fitness tracker. A few weeks after that rumors started floating around about another wearable device, even though the company hadn’t said anything about it during the event. It was believed to be the second generation S Band. While the company hasn’t made an official announcement yet, it has already started showing off the wearable device in Germany. The device is called Activity Tracker, and it does pretty much exactly what the name implies.
Samsung has developed Activity Tracker as a bona fide, well, activity tracker. It is design to take on popular rivals such as the Jawbone UP, the Fitbit and the Nike FuelBand. It even offers similar functions, such as calorie consumption, sleep monitoring, steps walked and more. Activity Tracker goes one step ahead of its rivals and even offers notifications about incoming messages or calls on the smartphone that its paired up to.
Samsung Activity Tracker is already up for pre-order on Amazon in Germany. The company hasn’t said when this new wearable is going to be launched in other markets, particularly the U.S. In Germany, it has been priced at €79.90. Its strap is reportedly removable and even replaceable by a clip, so users can simply attach it to what they’re wearing instead of slapping it on the wrist.
The folks at Stereopoly were able to get some hands on with the device, pictures and a hands-on video courtesy of them have been pasted for your viewing pleasure.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-16 Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-15 Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display