There certainly isn’t any shortage of news reading applications, both Google and Apple offer their homegrown apps on their mobile platforms, apart from the hundreds of developers who have made similar apps. The Sony Socialife News app has always been exclusive to the company’s Xperia devices as well as VAIO PCs, but now it has opened up the app for all Android devices, regardless of who manufactures them. Any device running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean or higher is compatible with the application.
Sony says that this app has been designed for high-speed viewing. It pulls in news from a wide variety of sources, including social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, it even pulls in YouTube videos. Through the Add Feeds function, users can easily add more sources or can surf through Sony’s affiliated news partners for content that might interest them.
Users can also add RSS feeds and blog posts to the app. It allows bookmarking of social media posts and news articles for easy reading at a later time. Bookmarks are synced across multiple devices so users can always pick up right where they left off. A homescreen widget is available as well which can display the users’ particular content of choice. Socialife News will play host to official content of the FIFA World Cup as Sony is an official sponsor of the event. The app is available for free via the Google Play Store.
Next Story: Apple Patent Could Result In Live Call Screening
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2013-10-25: Sony PlayStation App Arriving This November 13th
- 2013-10-03: Sony Reveals New PS4 Companion App For iOS And Android
- 2013-07-01: Sony Honami Camera App Mod For The Xperia Z, Xperia ZL And Xperia Tablet Z
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2013-01-31: Sony Announces "my Xperia" Remote Tracking Service For Xperia Smartphones