Earlier this year in January, Sony announced a new phone by the name of the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra. However at that time it was suggested that the handset might only see a release in markets for Asia and Africa, meaning that those of us living stateside might not be able to look forward to the device at all.
Well it seems that Sony might have had a change of heart, at least according to tipster @evleaks whose recent tweet has suggested that the Xperia T2 Ultra could actually be making its way onto T-Mobile after all! T-Mobile has been a supporter of Sony for a while now and has released several Sony handsets in the past, so we guess it wouldn’t be a stretch of the imagination to think that T-Mobile might offer up the Xperia T2 Ultra as well.
Of course there is no mention of a release date, so that means we’ll just have to keep our eyes and ears peeled for more information regarding that further down the line. Pricing was not mention either but based on its specs, the Xperia T2 Ultra appears to be a mid-ranged device which means that as far as price is concerned, it shouldn’t be breaking the bank.
For those who might have missed our coverage, the Xperia T2 Ultra will pack a 6-inch display with a resolution of 720×1280. This is almost as big as the Xperia Z Ultra although its resolution is lower and at those resolutions, it’s probably not as sharp as well.
The handset will also be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 1GB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage that can be expanded, a 13MP rear-facing camera, a 1.1MP front-facing camera, a 3,000mAh battery, and will run Android 4.3 at launch.
Next Story: ASUS Game Box Controller Leaked
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-03-28: T-Mobile's Xperia T2 Ultra Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2014-01-23: Sony Xperia Z1s Now Available Via T-Mobile
- 2014-01-22: Sony Xperia Z1s Available Now In T-Mobile Stores
- 2014-01-19: T-Mobile Sony Xperia Z1s Bootloader Unlock Not Possible