While most of us type away at our computers facing the monitors directly, there are some who take advantage of wireless keyboards and use it to sit further away, perhaps in a more comfortable chair or position. In fact wireless keyboards make it great for typing when you’re facing a huge monitor or when you’ve hooked up your computer to a TV.
Microsoft had an accessory for its Surface tablets called the Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter. Basically what this does is that it allows users to connect their Type or Touch covers to monitors as far as 30 feet away, allowing users to enjoy typing from at distance at their own level of comfort.
Unfortunately it looks like Microsoft has since decided to discontinue the product, although we’re not sure why. Perhaps the product wasn’t selling as well as it should have, or perhaps Microsoft is planning something better, but in a statement that Microsoft released to ZDNet, “Due to a number of factors, we are no longer manufacturing the Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter. We are always evaluating our options and remain committed to helping people be productive with Surface.”
For those wondering, the accessory was priced at $59.99 which is a little bit on the expensive side, especially when you consider how much the Surface tablet and the Type/Touch covers cost to begin with. What do you guys think? Any idea why Microsoft might have discontinued the accessory?
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: 21% Of Windows XP Users Weren't Aware Of Support Cutoff [Survey]
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2014-04-01: Microsoft Could Announce Something Surface-Related At BUILD
- 2014-03-11: Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Priced At $679
- 2014-03-10: Surface 2 LTE Tablets Sent To Microsoft Stores (Rumor)?
- 2014-03-10: Surface Power Cover To Ship Later This Month