Those who happen to be in the UK, love the Samsung Galaxy S5 and have a mind to pick one, and are eligible in their contract to get a new handset, might be interested to hear that Vodafone UK will be receiving pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S5 from March 28th onwards, where they will also be selling the device in a shade of gold as an exclusive.
So far, Samsung has yet to release the pricing details for their Galaxy S5 flagship device, but so far, UK retailers have decided to set the pre-order price at 699 Euros. Vodafone UK will not only offer the exclusive gold colored Galaxy S5, but will also make available the other standard colors to the masses.
First announced and launched at the Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona, Spain, last month, the Galaxy S5 is tipped to arrive at stores this coming April 11th in more than 150 countries, although there are rumors of a possible earlier launch, too. It would be interesting to see how sales of this particular smartphone, especially the gold colored version, will stack up against the rest of the other colors, considering how Apple had a hit on their hands with the iPhone 5s that came in gold, especially in Asia. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20: 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review