To say that Minecraft is hugely popular would be a major understatement, especially when it has already seeped into our everyday popular culture. Having said that, despite being one of the most popular and most impactful game releases in the past few years, did you know that Minecraft has yet to make an appearance across all gaming platforms? Yeah, that’s pretty difficult to believe, no? Minecraft’s port developer 4J Studios hopes to gain the adoration of the masses by working hard on the PS4, Xbox One and PS Vita versions, having teased the masses at PAX with an image that points to Minecraft on the PS4 and PS Vita platforms.
This particular bit of news is of course interesting, because the PS Vita port happens to be a version that runs on the existing Xbox 360 and PS3 platforms, whereas the PS4 version is a scaled up game through various methods. It does seem that both PS4 and PS Vita will be on track for a Minecraft release, although the words “this holiday season” does seem to be so far away.
Hopefully we will be able to see something a whole lot more concrete in due time for Minecraft on both game consoles, yes?
Next Story: Intel Education Rugged Tablet Targets Students
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-02: Sony PS4 Survey Hints At Possible Features
- 2014-01-27: Kama Stereo Headset Arrives For PS4 And PS Vita
- 2013-12-23: PS4 Helped Boost PS Vita Sales In The UK
- 2013-11-25: PS4, PS Vita Ultimate Bundle Promo Image Leaked
- 2013-11-22: PS4, PS Vita 'Ultimate Bundle' Coming In Time For The Holidays [Report]
- 2013-11-11: Diablo 3 For PS4 Will Support Remote Play After All