ACME Portable, a name that has long been associated with high-performance portable computers, has paraded its maiden attempt at a portable workstation that sports Ultra HD 4K display. This portable workstation is known as the MegaPAC L2, making it perfect for those who need to work with a 4K display, where among them include the likes of 3D rendering, post-production processes, and professional photography.
Located at the bottom would be a Full HD 1080p monitor, while the top monitor happens to be an eye watering Ultra HD 4K display. This would enable one to observe new details of one’s work thanks to the 3,840 x 2,160 resolution, not to mention having the advantage of viewing a far larger screen from the same seating position.
Of course, if this portable workstation is going to be able to handle visually intensive tasks, it would need the relevant processing muscle underneath the hood, and the MegaPAC L2 does not fail in this aspect, sporting the latest high-performance Intel processors that run proceedings from within, including support for the Intel Xeon 12-core processor with the possibility of dual processing. One can also have up to 20TB of the fastest existing SSD, expand its use via flexible PCI Express expansion slots. Even the Road Runner is going to have trouble trying to keep up with this bad boy. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-14: ACME Portable Workstation Has Ultra HD 4K Display
- 2014-01-06: HP Z1 G2 27 Inch Diagonal All-In-One Workstation Announced
- 2011-10-31: HP delivers workstations optimized for Adobe, Avid and Sony software
- 2011-09-27: iLuv unveils new series of WorkStation accessories for the iPad 2
- 2011-07-02: Shuttle H3 6700P is a computer for professionals
- 2011-04-12: HP Z210 Workstation unveiled