With the LG G2 being something of a hit back in 2013, we can only imagine that LG would want a repeat show with the LG G3. Only rumors are available at the moment regarding the handset, although a recently leaked screenshot shows off LG’s new design language for the UI. Now thanks to a User Agent Profile sighting, additional details about the LG G3 have been revealed.
However we should note that in no way does the User Agent Profile mention the LG G3. Instead it refers to it by its model number which is the LS990. With the LG G2’s model number being the LS980, we can only assume that the LG G3, its successor, is the LS990. That being said we reckon our readers should take it with a grain of salt for now.
Now whether or not the LS990 is the LG G3, the specs do point to a pretty powerful and high-end device. For starters the screen resolution of the handset has been revealed to be 2560×1440, putting it at the same level as the Oppo Find 7 and the Vivo Xplay 3S. No mention of the screen size though, but with the LG G2 packing a 5.2-inch display, we can expect LG to at the very least maintain that size.
Additional details revealed 3GB of RAM and oddly enough, a Qualcomm chipset of the MSM8974AA variety, which is actually the Snapdragon 800. It’s an odd choice given that handsets these days are packing at the very least the Snapdragon 801. Perhaps it’s merely a placeholder so we’ll try not to get worried just yet. The camera of the handset has also been revealed to be of the 13MP and 2.1MP variety, and will come with 32GB of storage, and will run on Android 4.4 KitKat.
Like we said there’s no way to confirm if the LG LS990 is the LG G3 and if the specs are real at all, so take it with a grain of salt, but in the meantime what do you guys think?
Next Story: SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition Arrives For Mac
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2014-03-17: LG G3 Training To Take Place In June [Rumor]
- 2014-03-17: LG G3 Could Sport 5.5-inch Display, Octa-Core MediaTek Chipset [Rumor]
- 2014-03-14: Alleged LG G3 Screenshot "Confirms" 2560x1440 Display