In the past you might have seen some Apple products on sale with the (PRODUCT) RED tag on them. For those unfamiliar, these products when sold have their sales contribute to a charity foundation, so if you’d like to do something for charity and buy yourself a new gadget or accessory from Apple, these are the products to keep an eye out for.
That being said, it seems that Apple’s (PRODUCT) RED has been something of a success as the charity has recently announced that Apple’s contributions thus far have managed to reach the $70 million mark, which we have to say is a lot of money! In fact it was back in September 2013 that Apple hit the $65 million mark, so we guess they have managed to raise another $5 million from then until now.
As it stands the (PRODUCT) RED products that Apple sells includes version of the iPod shuffle, iPod nano, iPod touch, iPad Smart Cover, and several iPhone cases which bears the charity’s branding as well. Sales of the products go straight to the Global Fund to fight AIDS. This is not the only way Apple has participated in the charity.
In the past, the company has changed its white Apple logo to a red logo to in support of World AIDS Day. Apple’s designer, Jony Ive, has also created several Apple products, like the (PRODUCT) RED Mac Pro and Ear Pods which have been auctioned off and have the proceeds donated to charity.
- 2014-04-04: Apple's (PRODUCT) RED Have Contributed $70 Million To Fight AIDS So Far
- 2014-02-04: U2's Invisible Single Raises $3 Million For Charity
- 2014-01-14: Selfie Police: Your Next Selfie Could Cost You $1
- 2013-05-15: Coffee With Tim Cook Auction Ends At $610,000
- 2011-10-17: Blizzard auctions off original World of Warcraft server blades
- 2011-08-18: Snooze iOS app helps you donate to charity