There are a couple of ways that gamers can play Titanfall. If you’re on the PC, you have the mouse and keyboard as one option, while gamers on console can use the gamepad in order to play it. However what if there was another way to play the game, would that be something you’d like to explore as well?
Well that’s what celebrity modder Ben Heck did in the latest episode of The Ben Heck Show. Instead of creating a controller mod that can be used with your hands, Heck has created custom foot pedals that he can use to play the game with! The pedals plug into your computer via USB, with the left foot pedal used to grab objects, while the right pedal is used to make his character run.
Heck even states that the pedals can come in 2 stages of depression, with a partial press to activate certain functions, while a full depress of the pedal can be used to perform another action. You can think of this 2 stage like how camera shutter buttons work, where a half-press of the shutter button is used to focus on the subject, while the full press will capture the image.
The good news is that Heck will be giving away his custom made foot pedals to the element14 community, so if you don’t know how or where to go about building your own custom foot pedals for Titanfall or for other games, you now stand a chance to win Heck’s creation. In the meantime if you’d like to check out the video and see how he goes about modding it and seeing it in action, check it out in the video above.
- 2014-04-14: Ben Heck Creates Foot Pedals That Can Be Used To Play Titanfall With
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-13: Titanfall Expedition DLC Map Pack Coming In May
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-03-27: Titanfall's Upcoming Game Modes Will Be Free, DLC Will Cost $10