There is nothing quite like a hands-on photo gallery to show the world that a particular device is actually out there in the flesh, and is about to be released to the masses, if it hasn’t been done so already. The BlackBerry Z3, which also carries the codename Jakarta, happens to be revealed in a bunch of hands-on photos which you can check out in greater detail after the jump.
Just what kind of a smartphone will the BlackBerry Z3 be? Well, for starters, it is said to be the first BlackBerry 10 powered, entry-level handset, sporting a rectangular slab of black plastic at the back, where it is accompanied by a 5-inch display at 540 x 960 resolution, in addition to having a grippy texture located on its back. Not only that, it also comes with a dual-core CPU, 1.5GB RAM, and 8GB of internal memory. That’s not too shabby for a device that will cost less than $200 thereabouts when it launches. Do you think it will be able to make a splash (and a huge one at that) for the ailing BlackBerry? We have seen the BlackBerry Z3 compared with the rest of its siblings not too long ago, so hopefully the launch would happen sooner rather than later.
Next Story: Intel 730 SSD Review (480GB)
- 2014-04-21: BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20: BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone