If you have been following tech news over the past few months you might have heard about a company called OnePlus. Its a new company started by an ex-Oppo executive that going to launch its very first smartphone on April 23rd. The company has built up a lot of hype for OnePlus One and it appears that Chinese manufacturers are getting ready to rain on its parade. At least two manufacturers have lined up announcements on the very day OnePlus One is due to be launched, while one has an announcement lined up for the day before.
OnePlus has boasted a lot about the potential and power of its first smartphone. We can’t reach a verdict yet because it hasn’t shown off the phone as yet, and there’s no way to determine right now how it really performs. Though on paper it will be able to rival the best of them as it touts a Snapdragon 801 2.5GHz processor with 3GB of RAM and a 13 megapixel rear camera.
China’s Xiaomi is due to announce a new product on April 23rd. Rumor has it that the company may announce its Mi3S flagship though nothing can be said for sure right now. ZTE is also going to launch a new product under its Nubia brand come April 23rd but it isn’t known as yet what it plans to unveil.
Huawei is going to make an announcement on April 22nd. It is going to unveil the Honor X1. Either all three want to steal OnePlus’ thunder or this may be the biggest coincidence we’ve seen so far.
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-03-25 OnePlus Takes A Swing At All New HTC One
- 2014-03-20 Huawei Revises Honor 3X To Take On Xiaomi Redmi Note
- 2014-03-09 Alleged OnePlus One AnTuTu Benchmark Impresses
- 2014-03-05 OnePlus Smartphone To Arrive In 10 Countries At Launch
- 2013-07-04 Chinese Smartphone Vendors Gearing Up To Penetrate Tablet Market
- 2013-05-14 Chinese OEMs Rumored To Be Avoiding Windows Phone For 2013
- 2013-03-29 Sprint And Softbank Promise Not To Use Chinese Equipment, Will Replace Huawei Products In Clearwire's Portfolio
- 2012-10-08 Huawei and ZTE not to be trusted, warns US congressional committee