E cigarette Explodes, Sets House On FireNobody said that quitting the smoking habit is going to be easy, and while some folks out there have done so the cold turkey way, others might have to gradually taper off in the form of smoking less sticks in due time, or to rely on a nicotine patch, or look towards electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes in short, as an alternative. It seems that e-cigarettes have a new potential health hazard to worry about – the risk of explosion. Apparently, an e-cigarette exploded and razed a house in Barking, resulting in the London Fire Brigade to issue a warning concerning e-cigarettes.

The London Fire Brigade mentioned that such devices could actually burst into flames when one uses wrong charger, as evident by the victim of the fire who has since been hospitalized did. The fire took a quartet of fire engines and over 20 firefighters to deal with so that others around the flat remained safe and sound. The lady herself was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation and shock, prior to being sent to the hospital.

E-cigarettes might not be able to set things alight by itself, but using the wrong charger does carry with it its fair share of risks. A spokesman from the Brigade Fire Investigation Team shared, “The danger is that people sometimes use incorrect chargers which runs the risk of over-charging, which can potentially have explosive results. We are calling on e-cig retailers to ensure they are selling the correct chargers for the cigarettes. As with all rechargeable electrical equipment, it’s vitally important that people use the correct type of charger for their e-cigs to prevent fires which can be serious and could even result in death.”

This article was filed in Homepage > Gadgets and was tagged with social hit. The story was spotted on london24
Like us, and get the best stories

User Comments