Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, a title that has seen 1.5 million registered users within a short time of its launch, is now live on Early Access for the Sony PS4 ahead of its April 14 launch (got to love how they make sure that the launch date, too, has the number 14 in it). Interestingly enough, Square Enix has announced that current PS3 users are able to start to upgrade their game to the PS4 platform.
Just how does this actually work? Those who basically own the PS3 version of the game will not be required to pick up another copy for PS4, but do bear in mind that this is a one way ticket with no chance of turning back – once you have upgraded to the PS4 system, you are unable to access the PS3 version of the game any more.
During the upgrade process, expect the entire slew of data, ranging from characters to in-game items, to be carried forward to the PS4 version of the game, where you do so by registering the PS3 title to the Final Fantasy 14 service account prior to upgrading via Mog Station. You have until the end of this year to enjoy this upgrade system for free, but remember that time flies by quickly if we do not set a personal deadline for ourselves.
Next Story: Drones That Recharge Themselves On Power Lines
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-03-18: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-02-04: Thief Gets New Trailer, Goes Gold