Let’s face it, we’ve all dropped our phones before, especially brand new ones where your heart actually feels like it skipped a beat at the idea of your brand new, and possibly very expensive smartphone goes crashing to the floor. For the most part our phones are relatively durable and can withstand a drop or two, perhaps with some chipping in the paint and some slight scratches as the result of it.
However which phone amongst the flagship phones is the most durable? Now we’ve seen the Samsung Galaxy S5 go up against the Galaxy S4 in a drop test in which it did surprisingly well, but how does it fare against thee HTC One M8, the iPhone 5s, and the Nexus 5? Well the folks at gadget warranty outlet, SquareTrade, decided to find that out in a test of their own.
The results? Once again the Samsung Galaxy S5 has proven that it is more than capable of holding its own. The device managed to fare better than the rest at both the drop test and the dunk test, although to be fair the Galaxy S5 is water-resistant, so that might explain how it was able to hold up under water. Interestingly enough the iPhone 5s was surprisingly durable as well.
iPhones are notorious for not working when it has been immersed in water but surprisingly not only did it survive the dunk test, but its speakers continued to function after, unlike the HTC One M8 and the Nexus 5, where both their speakers failed after being dunked underwater. In any case these are hardly the most scientific ways of testing a device’s durability but it’s still worth taking note of anyway, especially if you’re the sort with butter fingers.
Next Story: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20 HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test