It was recently that we brought you word on how Google announced that they would be introducing the Android 4.4 KitKat operating system update to Google Glass sometime this week, but who would have thought that it would be so soon as today? Also known as the XE16 update for Google Glass, this KitKat adventure offers some sweet features and functions for your wearable piece of technology, allowing the Google Glass to play nice with Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy connectivity for the very first time.
Of course, testing and benchmarks are required to see just how much (or little) of an impact this will be for the Google Glass, but it ought to result in a better battery life for Glass users. After all, one of the major thorns in the use of Google Glass had always been its battery life so hopefully the XE16 update will be able to do its bit and help prolong the device’s battery life.
Those who are about the update the Google Glass might want to prepare themselves beforehand for a rather lengthy process. One will first get updated to XE12.1, which is actually laying the foundation for the big update, and once the KitKat installation process kicks off, you need to wait for approximately 30 minutes or less for the entire thing to be done. Do expect to enjoy a new boot animation in Glass, too, once the update is complete.
Next Story: Cheaper Chevrolet Volt Could Arrive Soon
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-14: Reporter Assaulted For Wearing Google Glass In Public
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated