Are you feeling lucky? Google has already begun taking registrations for tickets to its Google I/O 2014 developer conference, and for this year’s edition, the tech giant will try something different, using a lottery system in order to dispense with the actual tickets. Those who intend to try their luck can do so anytime until April 18th at 2 pm Pacific Time (5 pm Eastern time) in order to sign up for the lottery. Of course, the odds should be in your favor compared to holding the winning Powerball ticket.
Apart from that, Google dropped a hint on what will Google I/O 2014 discuss about, with their focus being on three key themes – namely design, develop and distribute, in order to assist developers to build and prove their app right from the start all the way to the finish. Not only that, developers will be able to spend more time to chat with Google employees and partners this year, while experiencing demo apps in the “Sandbox” segment of the conference.
In addition, there will also be a “streamlined” conference schedule which will be revealed to the masses later this May. If you do register for Google I/O 2014 but were not picked for the live session, you will still be able to live stream it for remote viewing. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-22: Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22: Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21: Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21: Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover